Friday, July 24, 2009

Princess Birthday party


For a snack at the party I made marshmallow pops. Super easy & a colorful addition to the table.
To get the colored sugar to stick to the marshmallow, all I did was dip it into some water and then into the sugar.







I placed all the marshmallows onto a waxpaper-lined cookie sheet until I was ready to place them on the wooden skewers.



I forgot to take a picture of the finished product (doh!). But I added a cutout of a heart with a 6 on top of each stick. They looked like magic wands. To display, I put them in a plastic brightly colored tumbler standing up, with the heart at the top.



I also forgot to take pictures of the yummy chocolate dipped pretzel rods (milk choc, white choc, and peanut butter + choc). While the chocolate was still warm they we rolled/sprinkled with colored sugar.
For the cupcakes, I made small crowns out of yellow Laffy Taffy. I cut them in half, and then cut a zigzag pattern to make it look like a crown. Then I molded them into the right shape. I attached a small heart sprinkle with a dot of icing.



The cake was a princess in her coach. It was made using a shaped cake pan by Wilton. Tedious, but not difficult. I added my own personal touch to the cake by putting my daughter's likeness out of a nila wafer. I decorated her hair/face with icing & put a small laffy taffy crown on her head.



1 comment:

  1. Love the new blog, and my, what a creative title. Wonder who thought of that one...this is Heather btw, think I am logged in under Taki

    ReplyDelete